[AMBER] how to calculate the correlation function for first water shell?

From: Parviz Seifpanahi Shabane <sparviz.vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:20:10 -0400

Dear Amber User, I want to calculate the correlation function for first
water shell (water molecules which have H-bonds with protein) around
protein, at first, I used the closest command with mask of Oxygen (.O) for
finding the nearest water molecules to oxygen atoms in protein ( assuming
those water molecules have H-bonds with protein) in next step I want to use
the vector command for calculating the dipole moment of this water
molecules, but problems is I do not know how to use the output of the
closest command as input for vector command ( I used the read data but it
was not given anythings)
first of all, I want to know that my method is correct or not?
second how to use the output of closest as input for vector command?
Best
Parviz