Re: [AMBER] FF14SB implementation

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 09:17:33 -0400

hi all,
sorry for the delayed response, I was on the road. I've checked on this and
what's going on here is that these atoms should indeed be CT, not 2C. The
manuscript table was incorrect, we listed them all as 2C but should be CT.

The main point here is that the 4-atom combination is unique, so it didn't
matter if they are 2C or CT. Both have the same vdw and other atomic
parameters. Using 2C for the others allowed us to change them independently
of some situations that had CT. For Phe and Tyr I think these are already
independent so it didn't matter. Keeping CT had the advantage that it
didn't change the alphabetical order for the impropers (as has been covered
in separate threads), so didn't change the improper energy.

As far as I can tell the only issue here is that the article lists 2C
instead of CT, but this doesn't impact the parameters in any way. They were
fit using CT.

Please respond back to this thread if you see something that we have
missed...
Carlos