Re: [AMBER] Errors in my installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:00:47 -0400

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016, Abdul-Rashid Iii Sampaco wrote:

> I am installing AmberTools16 on my laptop using Ubuntu BioLinux on VM. I
> followed all instructions on the guide. Based on what I see, everything
> works perfectly well after make install. However, the 'make test' gives
> this error message:
>
> Error: Could not import Amber Python modules! Probably your Amber Python
> environment was not set up correctly.

What is value of the PYTHON variable in your config.h file? If it is not
$AMBERHOME/bin/amber.python, try this:

  cd $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src
  ./configure_python

Then return to the AMBERHOME directory and re-run configure.

It would be useful if you could report if this helps, or not. We are trying
to identify situations where python support is broken with the default
way that configure tries to identify python installations. As a start, which
version of Ubuntu is your BioLinux distro based on?

...thanks....dac