Re: [AMBER] Umbrella Sampling

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 12:30:19 -0400

You'll have one restraint that looks like this:

&rst
  iat = 4, 14
  r1=4.5, r2=6.0, r3=6.0, r4=7.5,
&end

and another that looks like this:

&rst
  iat = 4, 14, 15,
  r1=100.0, r2=110.0, r3=110.0, r4=120.0,
&end

If you name two atoms, it thinks DISTANCE, three it thinks ANGLE, and four
makes it say DIHEDRAL. The exact choice of atoms (iat) will differ, as
will your choice of distances and angles. For all restraints the ranges
are set by r1, r2, r3, and r4 regardless of whether they're distances in A
or angles in degrees. The restraint potential will be linear below r1 and
above r4, harmonic between r1 and r2 as well as between r3 and r4, and flat
between r2 and r3. The restraints I specified have no flat bottom
component, as it should be when doing umbrella sampling.

HTH,
Dave