Re: [AMBER] Umbrella sampling with two degrees of freedom

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 07:27:04 -0400

we have published many examples of 2D umbrella sampling in Amber.
for example, see the Methods sections in these articles:

Rational modulation of the induced-fit conformational change for slow-onset
inhibition in M. tuberculosis InhA
Lai, C-T., Li, H; Yu, W., Shah, S., Bommineni, G., Perrone, V.,
Garcia-Diaz, M., Tonge, P., Simmerling, C., Biochemistry, 2015, 54 (30),
4683-4691
DOI: 10.1021/acs.biochem.5b00284

A structural and energetic model for the slow-onset inhibition of the
Mycobacterium tuberculosis enoyl-ACP reductase InhA
Li, H.; Lai, C.; Pan, P.; Yu, W.; Liu, N.; Bommineni, G.; Garcia-Diaz, M.;
Simmerling, C. .; Tonge, PJ., ACS Chemical Biology, 2014, 9, (4), 986–993
DOI: 110.1021/cb400896g

Energetic Preference of 8-oxoG Eversion Pathways in a DNA Glycosylase
Bergonzo, C., Campbell, A., de los Santos, C., Grollman, A and Simmerling,
C., Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2011, 133, 14504–14506
DOI: 10.1021/ja205142d