[AMBER] Energy decomposition in MM/GBSA

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 14:35:21 +0900

Dear all,

I am doing per residue decomposition of MM/GBSA energies using python
script in AmberTools15. Following are the important inputs from my
input file:

&general
       receptor_mask=:1-118, ligand_mask=:119-120,
   /
&gb
    igb=2,
/
&decomp
  idecomp=1, print_res="1-118; 119-120"
/

Residue 1: to 118 is protein and 119-120 is the ligand. I am little
puzzled about the sum of the contribution from individual protein
residues. In my case, sum of all 120 residues (protein + ligand
residues) is equal to the total binding energy (-27 kcal/mol).
Whereas, I expect that the sum of the contribution from all the
protein residues (1-118) should be equal to total binding energy.
Similarly, for ligand (119-120) it should be equal to total binding
energy. Do you think, I am doing some mistake in assigning some of
the keys ?

Best,
Mish