[AMBER] Issue of AMBER 2016 with CUDA

From: Huian Li <li_huian.lilly.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 13:24:07 +0000

Hi all,

I have built Amber 2016 with CUDA, but "make test" gives me the "error" below consistently for every tests:

Running Extended CUDA Implicit solvent tests.
      Precision Model = DPFP
cd trpcage/ && ./Run_md_trpcage DPFP /my-install/tests/amber/amber-2016/include/netcdf.mod
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_DENORMAL
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_DENORMAL
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL
Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_DENORMAL
diffing trpcage_md.out.GPU_DPFP with trpcage_md.out
possible FAILURE: check trpcage_md.out.dif

Another thing I noticed, totally irrelevant to CUDA, is that the file " mm_pbsa_nabnmode" is available in $AMBERHOME/bin after "configure gnu" and "make install", but it disappears after "configure -mpi gnu" and "make install". Is this the way should be?

Thanks,

Huian