Re: [AMBER] cpptraj clustering based on ligand cavity

From: Neha Gandhi <n.gandhiau.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:28:22 +1000

Hi Daniel,

 My apologies that I wrote previous email while multitasking several
things. I have a system with protein ligand complex embedded in POPC
bilayer, ions and TIP3P. I monitored the changes in the volume of the
cavity occupied by the ligand from the trajectory and it seems the volume
is changing. It is expected in a membrane protein upon conformational
changes. I want to perform clustering so that I can visualise
representative members of the cluster and look at the change in the volume,
interactions of ligand with the protein in the pocket, etc.

Here is my cpptraj script

trajin xx.dcd 1 2500 2

strip :POP
strip :SOD
strip :CLA

autoimage
reference pro-ions-wat-lip.pdb //reference snapshot with everything
rms reference :1-441.CA,C,N,O // fit the protein
rms reference :LIG out lig_Rmsd.dat nofit //rmsd ligand but donot fit

cluster C0 out cnumvtime.dat summary summary.dat info info.dat rms mass
nofit :LIG clusters 10 clusterout cluster clusterfmt pdb repout
representative repfmt pdb

Is this the right way of clustering based on the ligand pocket?

I hope I am able to explain the scenario.

Many thanks,
Neha