Re: [AMBER] Simulation of DNA structure with a three-phosphate at 5'

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 08:55:38 +0200

Dear Reza Ganjalikhany,

You need to generate molecular fragment(s) from molecule(s)...
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/

To add phopshate groups to molecules see
   http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-90/

However your case is slightly different:

I load leaprc.ff99SB as an example in Amber12 and run the 'charge' command:

xleap -f leaprc.ff99SB

> charge DC
Total unperturbed charge: -1.000000
Total perturbed charge: -1.000000
> charge DC5
Total unperturbed charge: -0.307900
Total perturbed charge: -0.307900
> charge DC3
Total unperturbed charge: -0.692100
Total perturbed charge: -0.692100

As you can see the total charge of the fragments DC5 + DC3 = DC =
integer value

if you do want to put 'something' at the 5' position, it has to have a
total charge = -0.3079 (if you load leaprc.ff99SB)

now 'something' is, I guess, the three phosphate groups like in UTP as
shown in the Java applet at the RED Server Dev. home page:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/mol2-Jmol/javaapplet7.html

You can find many examples of fragment generation at:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php

Your strategy to generate that/these fragments highly depends if you
want to add one and/or two and/or three and/or more phosphate groups
at 5'...

in your case you could use an intra-mcc on an alkyl group which would
cap these/that phosphate group(s)
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#16
(but obviously here the constraint does not equal zero - see above)

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/
to prepare inputs:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Mini-HowTo-InputFiles.pdf
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/Documentation/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/Documentation/Project.config

MOLECULE1-INTRA-MCC1 = -0.3079 | 1 2 3 4 | Remove
then look at the RRMS (should be close to zero) and r2 (should be
close to one) values of the fit with intra-mcc to check the impact of
that intra-mcc
(compare the fits without and with that intra-mcc)

regards, Francois

           F.-Y. Dupradeau
                 ---
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/FyD/