Re: [AMBER] CUDA MPI issues

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 07:36:55 -0400

Biplab,

Before you go buying a new MB, do note that Ross mentioned that your
current system will run two separate pmemd.cuda jobs (one per GPU) just
fine. Unless you have a large number of these computers it is likely that
you will have more jobs that you desire to run than GPU boards. So using
one board per job will probably work out well for you. We have a couple
dozen GPUs in my (small) group and, while we do have the capability of
using multiple GPUs per job, we almost never use it. We always have more
jobs that we want to run than we have GPUs available, so we are always
using just one GPU per calculation anyway.

It depends on exactly what you intend to do, but you may be well-served by
these boards for now. If things go well and you decide to invest in more
GPUs then you can make a more informed decision about what system to
purchase the next time around.

Cheers,
Brent