[AMBER] CUDA MPI issues

From: Biplab Ghosh <ghosh.biplab.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 16:15:08 +0530

Dear Amber Experts,

I am trying to run amber14 using parallel GPUs.
I have 2 "GeForce GTX TITAN X" cards installed
in my workstation and having cuda-7.5 libs.
Individual GPUs are performing but when I run
pmemd.cuda.MPI, it gives me the following error:

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

I then referred to the Amber website to check why GPU communication
is failing. I downloaded "check_p2p.tar.bz2" program from the amber site
and getting the following output upon running.

[biplab.proline check_p2p]$ ./gpuP2PCheck
CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES is unset.
CUDA-capable device count: 2
   GPU0 "GeForce GTX TITAN X"
   GPU1 "GeForce GTX TITAN X"

Two way peer access between:
   GPU0 and GPU1: NO

Can anyone help me on how to configure my system, so that both
GPU can work in parallel.

Many thanks and regards

Biplab Ghosh
Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai
India.

--
"Simplicity in life allows you to focus on what's important"