Re: [AMBER] Building Cyclic Peptide in xleap

From: Maral Aminpour <aminpour.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 09:15:02 -0600

Thank you very much everyone for your responses. They were really useful. It works like a charm. :)

I will just mention some details of what I have done in case in future someone else encounter the same problem.

1. My problem was that I started with an extended structure not a cyclic one so in xleap I was seeing a long bond from one S to the other end S, the bond command just takes care of the force field not the structure. Having my peptide sequence, I made the cyclic peptide using this website: http://bioware.ucd.ie/~cyclops/cgi-bin/webpep.cgi. I minimized the structure to get rid of steric terms but the bond between S-S broke with minimization.

2. Then I followed David Cerutti advice using NMR restraint to the two Sulfur atoms and I annealed the system following this tutorial: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial4/

3. Then I extracted the final structure and used "bond peptide.1.SG peptide.9.SG" and the rest MD calculations as I wanted to do before. The bond between S-S is working perfect.

Cheers!

Maral

Maral Aminpour, PhD
Post Doctoral Fellow

Ingenuity Lab

Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
University of Alberta