Re: [AMBER] Building Cyclic Peptide in xleap

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:52:09 -0400

The way I'd go about this, if you don't know the structure of your peptide
a priori but for the fact that it is cyclical, would be to make your system
without the bond peptide.1.SG peptide.9.SG command, and instead apply a
weak bonded nmr restraint to the two sulfur atoms. Do a bit of MD, tighten
the restraint, do a bit more MD, tighten some more, until the two sulfurs
are in contact. Then extract that structure, make the PDB, and remake the
topology with the bond SG SG command in the tleap input.

Alternatively, you could just peruse random PDB structures for a
beta-hairpin or other structure with a complete backbone which puts the
first and ninth residue backbones in approximately the right orientation.
Cut out that part of the PDB file and make a new file, deleting the
existing side chains and renaming the residues to your sequence. tleap
will handle the side-chain building and then you can do the cyclization
with the same bond command.

Dave