Re: [AMBER] query about .mdcrd file

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 11:27:08 -0600

Hi,

In MMGBSA analysis what you do (most of the time) is run a simulation which
is water+protein+ligand (for example). Then, you use the script mmpbsa.py/pl
to find the binding free energy from the thermodynamic cycle (first page of
the tutorial).

To do this, you take the trajectory you just ran (the single .mdcrd file)
and split it up based on the parmtops (complex without water, ligand only,
protein only, and entire system), and the script calculates the binding
free energy for each frame of the trajectory, and then probably gives you
an average.

You shouldn't have individual trajectories for each topology, unless you're
doing something different.

Hope this helps,
Christina