Re: [AMBER] Change PBRadii after simulation

From: Jag Silwal <jagsilwal.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 00:20:37 -0400

Dr. Carlos,

Thank you for your prompt reply. With the little knowledge I have I didn't
know that the radii were not used for any of the calculations during MD. As
you have suggested, if I just recreate new files in Xleap with new radii
and use those along with coordinate file from production step I would be ok
then, right? For e.g. I would like to use a script similar to the one in
tutorial with command line:

$AMBERHOME/bin/MMPBSA.py -O -i mmpbsa.in -o FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat -sp
ras-raf_solvated.prmtop -cp ras-raf.prmtop -rp ras.prmtop -lp raf.prmtop -y
*.mdcrd

I just thought that the .mdcrd files from the production step is related to
the radii set during the Xleap step and that would matter if I wanted to
change the radii later after the simulation. But obvious lyI was wrong.
Does changing the radii affect PBSA results or is it just the GB? Just
curious.

I will just recreate initial top and crd files in XLeap and I will rerun
GB and PB accordingly.

Again thank you for your valuable time,

Jag