Re: [AMBER] RMSD graph for protein-RNA complex

From: Sreemol G <sreemolinfo.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:43:42 +0530

Thank you.. But masking :1-177.C,CA,N will take residues only from protein
molecule. But i want to calculate backbone RMSD for protein-RNA complex. I
have gone through the manual and it was little confusing. could you please
tell me the exact command to generate single RMSD graph for protein-RNA
complex??
these are the atoms i want to mask in RNA.
:178-199.P,O3',C3',C2',O2',HO2',C1',O5',O4',C5',C4'
and for protein :1-177.C,CA,N

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 5:15 PM, David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016, Sreemol G wrote:
>
> > Can anyone explain what this 2.0 :2 denotes in this command
> > "rms reference mass out 02_03.rms time 2.0 :2"
>
> The "2.0" is an argument to the "time" keyword, and specifies the time
> between
> snapshots in the trajectory file. This can be in whatever units you
> choose.
>
> The ":2" is a mask, specifying that you want to do an RMS fit on the atoms
> in
> residue 2 (only). This is unlikely to be what you want. As Dan pointed
> out earlier, you probably want a mask that looks something like
> :1-177.C,CA,N.
>
> ...dac

With kind regards,
G. Sreemol