[AMBER] Multiple restraints for minimization

From: Stevens, David Ryan <drsteve2.illinois.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:03:08 +0000

Hi,

     I want to use multiple restraints for my system during minimization. I want to restrain everything but the hydrogens as part of my minimization, but I also want to maintain a different set of restraints for a different set of atoms (on top of the hydrogen restraints). Is there a better way to do this?

     Upon seeing a reply regarding a similar issue in the archives from 2009, I worked through the GROUP input example in the AMBER9 Manual (Appendix B). I tried doing this, but I couldn’t compose the mask correctly for everything but the hydrogens.

Title one
10.0 #force constant
FIND
**!.H* <- This is the syntax that I am struggling with
RES 1 150
END
Title two
100.0 #force constant