Re: [AMBER] RMSD graph for protein-RNA complex

From: Sreemol G <sreemolinfo.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 16:34:35 +0530

I need to calculate backbone RMSD for Protein-RNA complex. the command
given below is the one i used to calculate backbone RMSD, I would like to
know whether it is sufficient to cover all the information about both
protein and RNA backbone. I have 199 residues in my complex. Among them 177
are amino acids and 22 are RNA.

trajin md1.mdcrd
trajin md2.mdcrd
rms first out backbone.rms :1-199

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de> wrote:

> Dear Sreemol,
>
> > I have done simulation for protein-RNA complex for 10 ns, I want to
> > calculate the backbone RMSD for the complex. How to calculate the
> backbone
> > RMSD for protein-RNA complex.
>
> backbone RMSD calculations are a very basic analysis technique. For such
> analyses, many people have created excellent tutorials available from
> the amber webpage ambermd.org. A first example of the RMSD analysis is
> given in the very first tutorial:
>
> http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial0/
>
> The second tutorial deals with DNA, so you might also want to have a
> look at that.
>
> Additionally, the documentation of the Amber suite contains a detailed
> description of all programs and input parameters (cf
> http://ambermd.org/doc12/).
>
> All the best,
>
> Anselm
>
> Dr.rer.nat.
> Bioinformatik
> Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
> Germany

With kind regards,
G. Sreemol
M.Tech (Computational Biology)