Re: [AMBER] RMSD graph for protein-RNA complex

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 11:30:14 +0200

Dear Sreemol,

> I have done simulation for protein-RNA complex for 10 ns, I want to
> calculate the backbone RMSD for the complex. How to calculate the backbone
> RMSD for protein-RNA complex.

backbone RMSD calculations are a very basic analysis technique. For such
analyses, many people have created excellent tutorials available from
the amber webpage ambermd.org. A first example of the RMSD analysis is
given in the very first tutorial:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial0/

The second tutorial deals with DNA, so you might also want to have a
look at that.

Additionally, the documentation of the Amber suite contains a detailed
description of all programs and input parameters (cf
http://ambermd.org/doc12/).

All the best,

Anselm

Dr.rer.nat.
Bioinformatik
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Germany