Re: [AMBER] hoogsteen base pair

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 12:32:47 -0400

On Fri, Apr 01, 2016, Martina Devi wrote:

> I used the given command to create a hoogsten base pair for Guanine but the
> pdb which is generated does not have the hoogsten base pair but shows a
> watson crick base pair. Though the pdb gets generated it shows
>
> title:
> default_name
> useboundsfrom: atom mismatch:m1(13) & m2(0)
> useboundsfrom set bounds for 0 atoms
>
> May I know if there is any mistake with the input.
>
> molecule m;
> bounds b;
>
> m = fd_helix( "arna", "g", "rna");
> b = newbounds ( m, "ag.1X.pdb");
>
> useboundsfrom(b, m, "1:1,5:??,H?
> T]",getpdb("/root/home/Amber12/amber12/dat/dgdb/basepairs/ag.IX.pdb"),"::,H?[
> T]",0.1);
> useboundsfrom(b, m, "1:2,6:??,H?
> T]",getpdb("/root/home/Amber12/amber12/dat/dgdb/basepairs/ga.IX.pdb"),"::,H?[
> T]",0.1);
>
> putpdb( "b.pdb", m, "-wwpdb");

As the message says, there is some mismatch in your atom expressions. But
fixing that alone won't help: the useboundsfrom() command is something
you do in advance of carrying out distance geometry. Just setting up the
bounds matrix doesn't do anything to the coordinates: you have to embed
and refine the structures as well.

To debug the atom expressions, try something like this:

atom a;
string aexpr;

aexpr = "...something you want to test....";

for (a in m){
    if( a =~ aexpr) printf( "%s\n", a.fullname );
}

That will print out the atoms that match--make sure you are getting what you
want.

...good luck....dac