[AMBER] A contrarian note about gravity potentials in MD

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 12:21:01 -0400

OK: I know people are making fun of me for introducing the gravity potential
energy term (or they think it is an April fool's joke). But we've had some
interesting results in simulating what goes on in an ultracentrifuge tube,
which is capable of generating accelerations equivalent to 10^6 g. You can
definitely see the effects of crowding and the slowing down of rotational
diffusion under high g conditions.

Main problem is convincing a study section of the biomedical relevance; I do
get high marks for "innovation". Maybe I'll just apply for a patent and laugh
all the way to the bank.

....dac