Re: [AMBER] SP3 Nitrogen planarity issue with ff14SB

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 05:51:51 -0400

I don't think you've yet done the testing to isolate the many variables
that you have introduced.

In a clean, empty directory you should build a duplex using only standard
force fields, nothing you have modified. Test this and see if the bases are
planar. If not, let us know, but that would not match my experience. If
they are planar, then in a different new, simply directory do the same with
your modified parameters. It must be a different directory so the leap log
has only 1 attempt to build in it. If you need to run leap again, delete
the log along with any output before to try again.

You need to determine if your modified parameters are the source of the
problem. Then you can investigate why. Modifying a force field is an
advanced topic and you should make sure you are already familiar with md
simulations and how to analyze your topology files before trying to change
the force field. Most likely you are changing the parameters for normal
bases in a way that is incorrect.