Re: [AMBER] Proper nfft* parameters for a very long solvent box?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:14:36 -0700

Hi Voytek,

You can also edit mdin_ctrl_dat.F90 in the src/pmemd/src directory and change

 integer, parameter :: gridhi = 512

 integer, parameter :: gridhi = 1024

Then recompile and I believe this should just work. It will up the memory requirements in places but it should be fine. This should carry over into the GPU code as well although I didn't look in detail but I don't see any reason why a larger FFT shouldn't work. It may not be optimal from a performance standpoint but I think it shouldn't cause any issues.

All the best
Ross