Re: [AMBER] RMSD of 0 for coordinated ion

From: Francesco Gentile <fgentile.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 17:19:19 -0600

Thanks very much. I realized later I was fitting to a single atom,
obtaining consequently zero. I modified my script but I still have
problems. basically the ion rmsd is reasonable but in some points it jumps
to weird values such as 80+ angstroms, to return at the normal value after
a while. I think there is something wrong in my script affecting the
centering or something like that. My new script is

trajin..

image origin center familiar

rms first mass out rms_back_bgw.dat ':1-132.CA,C,N' time 2.0

rms first mass ':34,44' (I used this option to fit on the coordinating
residues after the first trials but it does not change the weird behaviour)

rms first mass out rms_mg_bgw.dat ':133.MG' time 2.0 nofit
Again, the MD trajectory looks normal. Any suggestion? thanks in advance
--
Francesco Gentile
PhD Student, Biophysics