Re: [AMBER] GROMACS File Conversion Subtlety

From: Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 04:04:24 +0000

Hi,

The GROMACS TRR format is based on XDR, which is defined to be a big-endian
format in a 20-year-old IETF standard. I think there is no good reason to
write a tool to be able to write non-confoming XDR, and so no reason for
any tools to be able to read such files. I also think we have better things
to do than rippling "please support little-endian TRR" requests to all the
different software packages that might handle such files! :-)

Cheers,

Mark