Re: [AMBER] GROMACS File Conversion Subtlety

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:32:50 -0600

Hi,

Turns out this is may be a bug (feature?) in Gromacs analysis tools.
By default cpptraj writes out TRR trajectories as little endian on
little endian architecture. However, it seems that Gromacs analysis
tools expect TRR trajectories to be big endian. I've added a flag to
the GitHub beta version of cpptraj
(https://github.com/Amber-MD/cpptraj), 'bigendian', that you can use
with 'trajout' to force writing a big endian trajectory. I've tested
it and it works for me - I'd be interested if it works for you as
well.

-Dan

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry