Re: [AMBER] Amber 14 - "Error: Unsupported CUDA version 7.5 detected"

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 10:09:55 -0700

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Enrique Frio <enrique.frio.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, I figured it out.
>
> rm-rf apparently did not remove a previous .update directory (hidden?)
> within my amberhome dir for some reason. This showed the updates though the
> rest of the dir was deleted for the fresh install, and is perhaps why
> amber_update reported "no available updates."
>
> I compiled it successfully - thanks for everything.

​Yea, you should delete $AMBERHOME entirely, not just everything inside
it. The hidden .patches/ directory is there for the bookkeeping of Amber
updates. If you mess with that in any way (like not deleting it before
 unloading a fresh tarball), then the updating mechanism breaks.

HTH,