Re: [AMBER] Right metal ion model

From: anu chandra <anu80125.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 01:11:44 +0530

Hi,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. Now, after going through the description
of bonded and non-bonded models in the tutorial page, I am a little
confused about the model I should choose. The tutorial says about the
bonded model that -

' While ligand exchange of coordination number (CN) switching process
certainly do happen in protein metal sites, these occur on much slower
timescales than what is observed for metal ions in aqueous solution.
.......... Since typical MD simulation timescales are at the nanosecond or
microsecond levels (circa 2014), the bonded model is an effective approach
to study processes where ligand exchange does not occur over the timescales
employed.'

Though the Mn2+ ion in my protein do suggested to have CN switching during
the catalysis, I am aiming for only about 100ns simulation to find out the
role of some water molecules in the ligand-ion interaction. So I just
wonder which model will be best fit in my case.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Anu