Re: [AMBER] MMGBSA Decomp on Heme Systems

From: Vivek Bharadwaj <vbharadw.mymail.mines.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:20:02 -0700

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the response.

It so happens, that something was wrong with my complex.topology file that
was causing the failure with the MMPBSA calculations. It is now fixed and I
am able to run MMPBSA.py.

However, I noticed another message when I run my calculations.

python/2.7.6-gcc-
4.8.2_140404/lib/python2.7/sitepackages/numpy/oldnumeric/__init__.py:11:
ModuleDeprecationWarning: The oldnumeric module will be dropped in Numpy
1.9

warnings.warn(_msg, ModuleDeprecationWarning)

The job seems to be finish fine in spite of this error. I am currently
running the serial version i.e. MMPBSA.py.

I was just wondering what might cause this and If I should be worried about
this?

Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Vivek Bharadwaj <
> vbharadw.mymail.mines.edu
> > wrote:
>
> > Dear Amber users,
> >
> > I am trying to perform binding energy decomposition energies for a
> > substrate bound protein system that has a Heme bound. I am using Amber14
> > with Ambertools15.
> >
> > I understand that Sander requires the radius for Fe atom which requires
> > modification of the mdread2.F90 file and recompiling of sander.
> >
> > I followed the instructions based on this previous query (
> > http://archive.ambermd.org/201412/0132.html) and modified the
> mdread2.F90
> > file and also recompiled sander. I also re-generated the complex, ligand
> > and receptor topologies after recompiling amber.
> >

> ​Regenerating the topology files is unnecessary.
> ​
>
> > However, I still get the following error while performing decomp
> > calculations. I am able to run normal mmgb/pbsa calculations without
> decomp
> > ​​
> > though.
> >
> ​​
> ​Are you sure you modified the correct part of mdread2.F90? There are two
> locations where these radii need to be set. The first is when gbsa=1
> (which I believe occurs first in the source code file) and the second is
> where gbsa=2. Decomposition uses gbsa=2. So I suspect you needed​
>
> ​to make this change in a second place in order for it to work for your
> application.
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>
> --