Re: [AMBER] cpptraj density command

From: Ignacio J. General <ijgeneral.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 11:09:41 -0300

Dear David and Dan, thanks so much for your replies. But I still have some
doubts about it, so let me be specific:

I am using the cpptraj command:

density out charge_density_nopep.dat charge delta 0.1 ":Cl-,:K+,:WAT,:1-385"

in order to calculate the charge density. It outputs a file containing
lines like this one:

 25.6500 -0.610 3.68050

I believe the 1st column is z, 2nd charge density and, is the 3rd one
standard deviation (as it says "sd", although I am not sure what statistics
it is doing...)?

I am trying to solve Poisson's equation, where on the right hand side I
have rho, the charge density (say in units of C/A^3). So my specific
question is: how do I convert that -0.610 in the output file to C/A^3?

Is it just dividing by the area of the box, x*y, and multypling by the
charge of the electron?

I know I can test this by looking at the order of magnitude, but I have
written a program to do this, and I am getting a wrong order of magnitude,
so I am not sure at this point if my error is in the code or in my
interpretation of the cpptraj numbers, or in both...

Thanks again for your help!

Ignacio