Re: [AMBER] Distorted and Failed Phosphate Simulations

From: <pavel.banas.upol.cz>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:23:03 +0100 (CET)

Hi Sigurd,
do you have some non-zero van der Waals radius on hydrogen atom? In this
case, you cannot use standard HO atom type with zero VdW radius as there is
attractive (albeit scaled as it is 1-4 interaction) electrostatic
interaction between hydrogen of OH group and another oxygen bound to
phosphorus, while there is no VdW interaction that would protect the
hydrogen from coming closer and closer to that oxygen. In other cases, the
hydrogen is "protected" by VdW radius of the OH oxygen, but in this case the
oxygen-oxygen interaction is 1-3 interaction that is excluded, so it does
not count.

hope this helps,

Pavel

--