Re: [AMBER] GIST

From: Yulian Gavrilov <zzeppelin87.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:00:13 +0200

Hello Steven,

I follow Amber tutorial
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial25/section4.htm
Namely, I use:
gistpp -i gist-gO.dx -i2 system.pdb -op defbp -opt cutoff1 3.5 -o
system_3.5A.dx
Followed by other steps from the tutorial.

I use GIST box that completely covers the initial conformation of the
flexible peptide and should be big enough to cover the alternative
conformations.
I define 3.5 A cutoff based on the initial conformation of the flexible
peptide but it moves during the simulation. It seems that this was a
problem.
I tried increase [-opt cutoff1] from 3.5 A to 5 A and it solved a problem.
Now I get more favourable dE for the frozen peptide.

Thank you very much for your help. Thanks to you I solved the problem!

Sincerely,
Yulian Gavrilov