Re: [AMBER] QM/MM Umbrella

From: Mahmood Jasim <ddfd09.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:05:31 +0000

Many thanks for your valuable advice; I have been playing with different
values for the reaction coordinate to improve the overlap and what I am
using now is a difference ccordinate between the bonds to be formed and the
one to be broken; at the beginning the windows are 0.1 A with a force
constant of 100 and then the seperation becomes 0.05 A near the transition
state with a force constant of 300. The overlap is very good with these
values. Later on I use the WHAM program from Alan Grossfield to unbiase the
potential. The result is in the next graph:

[image: Inline images 1]

The PMF of the products (on the left side of the graph) is much higher than
that of the reactants. Is that OK? How would I calculate the activation
energy for the reaction?

Many thanks,
Mahmood