Re: [AMBER] How to choose between implicit and explicit solvent

From: Fabian gmail <fabian.glaser.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 18:21:40 +0200

I have a related question:

I want to simulate a drop of acetone + water +drug which actually will have millions of water + acetone molecules, that cannot be simulated explicitly of course, so are there models for implicit for mixed acetone + water solvent? Or can that be produced?

I would like to compare the behaviour of several drugs in pure water vs water + acetone, again implicit model.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fabian

Dr. Fabian Glaser
Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section

Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU
The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser at technion dot ac dot il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
http://bku.technion.ac.il