Re: [AMBER] How to choose between implicit and explicit solvent

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 08:27:08 -0500

yes these things are less accurate. I would suggest looking a review papers
on implicit solvent models, as well as some recent applications. Keep in
mind that there are a variety of implicit solvent models too, and they also
have speed/accuracy tradeoffs. The choice of which to use for
postprocessing hundreds of snapshots may be quite different than the more
approximate ones needed to do billions of time steps of MD.