Re: [AMBER] ions cannot be viewed in gaussview

From: Aleksandra Skoric <skoricaleksandra.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:54:44 +0100

Dear Martina,

How did you generate your pdb file?
I've just checked my pdb file (generated after the md run) and my Na+ ions
look perfectly fine. :)

But, I did notice that gview sometimes has a problem with atom recognition
no matter of columns 77-78.

In that case open the pdb structure, then open Atom list (Edit/Atom List),
and in Atom List Editor scroll down to find an atom that is not recognized
and then in Symbol column replace unrecognised atom with appropriate atom
(in your case N to Na). And then save modified structure and open again
with gview. That's all.

Aleksandra