Re: [AMBER] help in RDF

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:20:01 -0400

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Robin Jain <robinjain.chem.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have a query that what must be the value of bin size in radial command.
> As RDF depend on bin size, what should i use to get proper result.

​Depends on your data set. As with any histogram, the less data you have,
the larger you have to make your bins to get a smooth histogram. The
smaller you can make your bins, the more accurate it will be.

Try a small bin size (~0.5 A, perhaps). If it's too noisy, try increasing
your bin size until you get a reasonable RDF.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher