Re: [AMBER] Freeze atoms to DM

From: Marcelo Andrade Chagas <andrade.mchagas.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:55:55 -0300

Dear AMBER of the list,

I'm trying to use as the initial approximation method
a polynomial fit high school (harmonic approximation)
to obtain the force constants for the file .frcmod

However, reading the manual I found information about the function
MASKS that from what I understand one can freeze specific regions
for a DM calculation.

This works is like that .... ????

Another thing that has been tried before using antechamber and parmchk
obitive
certain force constants values ​​(some literature) and minimum distances
coming calculations
optimization means gaussian. With this .frcmod file with a little empirical
values ​​I tried to hold a DM entering metals (two Zn) in the active site
via unbound model (free ion). But the DM minimization in one step
does not end all the steps and the error appears below. A minimization in
stages
I could fix it (for an initial test because I'm trying to parameterize the
entire active site)? How to do this???

[image: Imagem intercalada 1]

Best regards

Marcelo Andrade Chagas, MSc
(PhD student)
Laboratório de Química Computacional e Modelagem Molecular - LQC-MM
* http://lqcmm.qui.ufmg.br/
Departamento de Química da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
Tel:(31)3409-5776