Re: [AMBER] vlimit exceeded and high temperature

From: Ruth Helena Tichauer <rhtichau.laas.fr>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:16:29 +0200

Hello David,

Thank you a lot for the answer. And yes it’s “three” and not “tree”, sorry for the repeated spelling mistake.

I’ll keep minimising the hole system then, I’m not aware of how small the GMAX and RMS values should be to consider that a system has been sufficiently minimised.

I watched both trajectories one from a QM/MM calculation and one from a MM calculation as you advised me to do, both molecular dynamics simulations starting from the same minimised structure.

In the QM/MM one, the bonds of the three water molecules become extremely long, as well as some other bonds (that I didn’t manage to identify yet..) leading to a blow up of the structure. The water molecules appear as triangles, as if there was a bond between the hydrogen atoms (!!).

In the trajectory from the MM calculation, one of the three water molecules slips away from the catalytic site and the rest of the system (protein+ligand+Mg ion+two other water molecules) remain quite stable. I’m surprised to see the water molecule diffuse away from the rest of the cluster as when comparing several minimised structures it seems that the assembly is stable and the positions of the water molecules don’t change significantly..

I’ll try to heat more slowly to see how the dynamics change. I will strongly appreciate any suggestion you may think could help me.

Thanks anyway,

Ruth