Re: [AMBER] REMD to sample the conformational space of a defined part of the system

From: Sergey Samsonov <sergeys.biotec.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 16:46:47 +0200

Thank you very much for this valuable info! It is exactly what I was
looking for.

Is there an implementation of PREMD or LREMD available within AMBER14? I
searched through Amber Mailing List and I found the following discussion
about this from 2011: http://archive.ambermd.org/201104/0106.html

However, in LES manual it is stated that 'Sander can't currently
maintain groups of particles at different temperatures'. Does it mean
that the mentioned by Jason funtionality "/This functionality IS in
amber11 (and I'm guessing amber10 as well, but I'm //not certain about
that). It's accessed via -rem 2 with sander.LES.MPI. /" is not here
anymore or it is here but not documented explicitly?

Is it roughly correct how I understand the principal differences of REMD
and LES for my system: for my purpose (to analyze different
conformational states), REMD is more appropriate because it samples the
conformational space extensively, whereas just applying LES would rather
give me a fast way to reach a global energy minima (which is not what
I'm aiming to)?

Thank you very much for your help,

cheers,

Sergey