Re: [AMBER] Utilization of 3 GPUs suddenly drop to 0% and won't work any more

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 07:31:45 -0700

Hi Asai,

This problem is normal. Please read http://ambermd.org/gpus/ for details. Specifically this section http://ambermd.org/gpus/#Running

Specifically, if you have not purchased hardware designed to support 4 GPUs in parallel via 'peer to peer' then you will most likely be limited to a maximum of 2 GPUs per simulation.

I would suggest running either 4 independent simulations, one on each GPU or running 2 x 2 GPU simulations on each pair of P2P capable GPUs. Likely this will be 0+1 and 2+3. But you can use the check_p2p code on the above website to check this for sure.

All the best
Ross