[AMBER] Utilization of 3 GPUs suddenly drop to 0% and won't work any more

From: 浅井 賢 <suguruasai.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:35:38 +0900

Dear Amber user,

Hi, I'm facing some strange problem on using 4 GPUs with pmemd.cuda.MPI
sometime so I wonder if someone can help me.
I am not really sure the minimum requirements for reproducing the
situation but it occurs probably when I use pmemd.cuda.MPI to use two or
more GPUs in a simulation.
The phenomenon is a sudden utilization drop, which you can see the
screen shot below.

http://gyazo.com/07564256c2b9a9f02277cc5d6170ba15

It seems the simulation is slow but goes OK actually but I'm afraid
physical problem on GPUs, and also it is so annoying.
While I have no idea what's going on, I don't know the word to search on
internet.
So does anybody have any idea?

Thank you.

Asai

ATTACHEMENTS:

md.out - mdout file of `pmemd.cuda.MPI`
nvidia-smi.txt - `$ nvidia-smi > nvidia-smi.txt`