[AMBER] ESURF term in MMGBSA

From: Ahmed Ayoub <atayoub.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 20:46:54 -0600

Dear Amber Users,

When I calculate the average ESURF term from the intermediary output files
"_MMPBSA_receptor_gb.mdout.* ....etc" I get a value that is different from
the average ESURF value given in the final output file. The difference is
usually small but I don't get any difference when I do the same for other
energy components (vdw, GB...etc). Am I missing something? Do the values
given in the intermediary files correspond to the SASA thus need to be
multiplied by a factor or do they correspond to the energy and should be
used as is?

I use igb 5 and mbondi2.

--
Ahmed Taha Ayoub
PhD Candidate, Theoretical and Computational Chemistry