Re: [AMBER] Paramentrization of a Uracil base with an O3' terminus deprotonated.

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 06:45:21 -0400

I'll just add one comment. It sounds to me like you believe that the
appropriate chemical state of your uracil is with the O3' in a deprotonated
form. If this is true then you should NOT put a H on that oxygen during
the QM calculation. You only need capping groups for cases where an atom
will actually be bonded to another during your MD simulation -- that is,
the capping group allows that atom to have an environment in the QM calc as
similar as possible to what it will see during the MD simulation. If the O
will be deprotonated during MD, then it should also be deprotonated during
QM.

Hope that makes sense and that I've understood your situation properly.

Cheers,
Brent