Re: [AMBER] Installation Question - Missing file?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:01:40 -0400

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Jim Wu <jwu.g.hmc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just started working with AMBER and the group that I am working with
> obtained an AMBER license about one year ago. The installation guide for
> AMBER states that I should have the following files for extraction:
>
> AmberTools14.tar.bz2
> Amber14.tar.bz2
>
> However, I only have the file
>
> AmberTools14.tar-1
>
> Should I have Amber14.tar.bz2?

​These are separate packages. Amber14.tar.bz2 is part of the paid version
of Amber. See http://ambermd.org -- right near the top it talks about
these two components, with instructions and information about each one. If
you have a paid license, then yes, you should have Amber14.tar.bz2
somewhere.
​​

> ​​
> Also, do I have the correct .tar file fir
> ​​
> AmberTools?

​​
​​No idea. And actually, it's worth upgrading to AmberTools 15 (which is
fully compatible with Amber 14). In general, if you want to make sure that
you have the "correct" copy of something, you generally compare the md5sum
(or other hash) of the file you downloaded to the "reference" hash that the
distributor (in this case Amber) lists for that file. You can see the
md5sum of the AmberTools15.tar.bz2 file here:
http://ambermd.org/AmberTools15-get.html.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University