Re: [AMBER] Lipid 14 force field

From: Benjamin D Madej <bmadej.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:48:26 +0000

Hi Ning,

Yes, Lipid14 would be a better choice because Lipid11 and GAFFlipid are deprecated. We now recommend Lipid14 for lipid simulations. POPG was only available with the Lipid11 force field. The lipid14_supp.lib file contains the old Lipid11 residues that were not updated in Lipid14 at the time of publication last year. So lipid14_supp.lib should not be used unless you are doing your own parameterization work for those residues.

With that being said, Callum Dickson refined some of the parameters for the PG head group and I am preparing a manuscript that includes the new parameters. If you contact Ross Walker and I off the mailing list we can discuss trying out the new parameter set.

Best,
Ben Madej
San Diego Supercomputer Center