Re: [AMBER] parmwrite in cpptraj: AmberTools13 vs. 15

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 08:42:43 -0600

Hi,

If you change the file extension to '.parm7' or specify the 'amber' keyword
you will get an Amber topology. What is happening here is that basically
every format cpptraj knows about has a default file name extension
associated with it, which is what is used to determine the desired format
on writes (which is why you can specify just 'trajout traj.nc' now without
the 'netcdf' keyword and cpptraj knows you want a netcdf file). The
extensions I use for Amber and Gromacs topologies are '.parm7' and '.top'
respectively. It should be noted that only Amber topology writes are fully
supported by cpptraj - writes of other formats (like Charmm or Gromacs) are
suitable only for use in visualization or analysis (advanced topology
support is parmed's domain, and it does an outstanding job).

-Dan