Re: [AMBER] Use of OPLS-AA/M force field in AMBER via CHAMBER

From: Brian Radak <brian.radak.accts.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:30:52 -0500

I imagine that Jason will have the final word on this once he sees it,
but my guess is that the RTF/PRM files are not as close to the usual
CHARMM force field as was used in designing/debugging parmed.

Since the CHAMBER command (and program) was specifically designed to
account for those force field features not in common with the AMBER
force field, it is not finding something it is looking for. If I recall
correctly (that's a big if), OPLS/AA has more in common with the
functional form for AMBER than for CHARMM, so maybe exporting an frcmod
is the way to go here? If there is an old OPLA lib file lying around,
you might be able to use that and then re-define the atoms types. Also,
you may have to go back and redo LJ cross terms "by hand", unless ParmEd
is clever enough to do geometric mixing of A/B terms at this point.

Regards,
Brian

--
Brian Radak