Re: [AMBER] accuracy of FEW free energy calculation

From: filip fratev <filipfratev.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:25:54 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ross and Albert!

Albert you are definitely lucky to have access to the FEP+ module ;)  Now they use the OPLS3 FF instead OPLS-2.1, which seems to be much better for proteins. Try it. I heard that good results have been obtained for PPARy and many other targets, probably your system is not trivial?

Ross, in principle what steps, if it is possible at all, could be performed to mimic Schroedinger's protocol?
For instance, I suppose that one can make his own parametrization of the ligands, instead GAFF, to achieve better FF for them. Then is it possible the REMD protocol that they use to be implemented? Finally if you find money to port that pmemd module to GPU would be great!

I have an off topic question. I observed that using the MC barostat can't find the correct ligand binding mode in a target protein but using "regular" simulation I can. I repeated the simulations a couple of times. Probably this is by some accident but I was wondering whether the use of this barostat might have such great impact?

Regards,Filip