Re: [AMBER] To Add or Not To Add - Salt Conc in Explicit Solvent

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 09:10:20 +0100

Hi,

The key thing is to keep the charge in your overall box 0. So I would add 2
Cl- ions and no Na+ ions.
This way your system is neutral overall (a requirement for PME - Amber
would force neutrality otherwise, by smearing out excess charge over all
atoms in the system) and your concentration is in line with experiment.
I don't think it would really matter much in your system whether you have a
few more ions or not in terms of comparing to experiment.

Marc